Thursday 8 October 2009

Packing to eat through life

It's right, he thought, everything here is right, but it could go wrong - has started going wrong already, I think. I'm being allowed to feel as much of that wrongness as I can bear...but what is it? And what can I do?
-
The Waste Lands by Stephen King

Just a quick hello before I head off down South for a long weekend (running late as usual and I still haven't finished packing...it is amazing how much sports gear you need just for a few days).

This week is
Mental Health Awareness Week in New Zealand and on Saturday it is World Mental Health Day. I had high hopes of something interesting for this post but life and work have been chaos this week and my brain has turned to complete fuzz...

Last night I thrashed my previous fastest time for running home by 1 minute and 18 seconds and got under the 50 minute barrier. Since then this has, consequently, put me in a more positive frame of mind. Hoping I can keep it up over the weekend. Tomorrow is going to be tough...

Anyway, my best friend B and I are going to eat our way through Christchurch over the weekend (as well as do a bit of training for
this event and scale some real rock walls which is freaking me out 'cause I've never climbed outside before but I do have a new harness so that's exciting!) so I will be back next week with the results!

Here's a recent dinner to tide you over...
fake chicken stir-fry on wholemeal pasta (which you can't see 'cause it's buried under everything else).


Oh, and our little wolf (
Keisha) is growing up so fast! She'll be full-sized (which is HUGE) before I know it.


Right, back to packing!

2 comments:

  1. Keisha is beautiful and that plate of food is making me SO hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Good luck on the rocks!

    Your little pup is so gorgeous, I just want to hug her! But you're right, she will be big--look at those ears and paws!

    ReplyDelete