Thursday 17 December 2009

Racing through time

Sometimes you laugh because you've got no more room for crying. Sometimes you laugh because table manners on a beach are funny. And sometimes you laugh because you're alive, when you really shouldn't be.
-
Nation by Terry Pratchett

Ooo, today is a good day! I've just entered a longish adventure race in mid-January with a friend of mine so am very excited about that (yep, people do say I'm slightly crazy but everyone needs a slice of craziness in their lives). Better start getting my milage up in preparation! This is also my last day of work for the year (scary thought...not back till mid January unless something comes up earlier).

Anyway, back to the food. It was my brother's birthday earlier in the week so naturally that called a celebration and cake.


I made my go-to carrot cake from
The Damn Tasty Vegan Baking Guide (this time I used pear puree instead of apple sauce and dates instead of raisins) and, as usual, it was delicious and perfect. I love this recipe (if you don't have this book, it's almost identical to the one in Kris' other book, 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes).

We had dinner at my parents house and I brought along some
Fry's vegetarian sausage rolls to add to my dinner.


My cousin D decided she wanted to try a bit and reckoned they tasted remarkably like the real thing. I'm never sure if this is a good thing, a bad thing or just a thing but I guess if your average person thinks they taste good (whether it tastes like the real thing or not) then that's gotta be a good thing.

Cake...good for my tummy!


We've got our family Christmas party on Saturday night...ARGH!!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone. It's crazy. Feels like only a few months ago it was Christmas last year! Come back next time for lots of Christmas food...there are going to be a few busy days in the kitchen ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cake, that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this looks amazing!! Actually it *all* looks amazing! I'm going to add you to my blog roll! We vegan NZers need to stick together! :D

    ReplyDelete