Monday 3 September 2012

Here's to a very exciting decade ahead

"Come, come," said Venables. "I really can't go along with this modern playing down of th evil as something that doesn't really exist. There is evil. And evil is powerful. Sometimes more powerful than good. It's there. It has to be recognised - and fought. Otherwise..." he spread out his hands. "We go down to darkness."
- The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie

About a month ago someone (oooo, that was me, pick me!) had a very important birthday (well, all birthdays are important, but some are more important and exciting than others). And what do birthdays always call for (well, in my world anyway)?


Why yes, that is a dirty concrete floor. Thank you for noticing.

CAKE! The chocolate cake from Bhakti Cookti Bookti in fact. It was so ridiculously rich and chocolatey that we had to eat it with ice cream lite licks hokey pokey is the BEST!). Not exactly surprising considering it basically has an entire large block of chocolate in the icing!

After the usual wintery Wednesday Night run (basically a group of us meet up on a Wednesday night to go running in the Port Hills together) M and I tempted everyone back to where we were staying to help devour the cake. Cake is pretty much the perfect post-run food right?


The cake is filled with delicious jam as well as copious amounts of chocolate icing. Yum!

In case anyone was concerned (although I can't see why) M and I did actually eat some real dinner which even included vegetables!


Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie and Olympic rowing. Perfect!

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS LADY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday!!!!!that cake looks very delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy very belated birthday. And that cake! It looks pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!!! That cake looks delicious and I love an indulgent icing:) I'm heading for that same milestone in a couple of months, eek!!! Where did my 20s go?????

    ReplyDelete